Sunday, November 6, 2011

Really big rocks, really big waterfalls, and really big trees Part 1

Mom and Dad excited to get there!!

Me excited!

Eating at a frosty in Bridgeport

First views driving through the valley

El Capitan

The one and only Half Dome

Quote of the trip- "Nobody stand on this rock and fall into this tree." -My  Mom. She said it totally serious :)

Gabe got the wrong fluid for his lighter, so it was basically a torch :)

Check out our digs :)

Little Speed Racer could hardly wait to get her bike out of the truck :)

The Ahwahnee Hotel. About $500 a night to stay there, but I want to someday :)




These two gangstas chillin'




Inside the Ahwahnee and feeling like a high roller!

Best bike ride EVER.





Yosemite Falls




This is just the lower falls, but look how tiny the boys are next to it!

I love her hat in her eyes, haha

Da-da-Dadio

This deer couldn't care less if she was there.


The kids super excited to get there :)
Last week I became acquainted with Yosemite National Park. Holy wow. What a place. There aren't even words to describe it. And pictures just don't do it justice. But I had an amazing time. I went there with Mom, Dad, Gabe, Sidney, and Cousin Conner. (Cousin is not his first name) We drove up Thursday and left Sunday. Usually on vacations, by the end I'm just ready to be home. But leaving Yosemite Valley was heart-breaking in a small way. Sort of like leaving a good friend and not knowing when you would see them again. But I will see it again, and I will take my future-kids there too. Because seeing nature, seeing God's beautiful creations, it's something that humbles a person. These beautiful things are gifts He gave us. Man can create marvels. Sky-scrapers. Breath-taking bridges. But to me, nothing compares to the majesty of Niagara Falls. The Grand Canyon. Half Dome at sunset. All things I've seen and am grateful for that fact. I want to continue visiting national parks and natural wonders. 

1 comment:

  1. Wow, looks beautiful, just the way I remember it!
    You are lucky you have a trailer. I always wanted to camp-out. We always stayed at a hotel, or cabin.
    But it was still always fun. I've been there like 5 times.
    I am glad you got to see it! (again?)

    P.S. Did you see bears? Cubs? Canyon-climbers? (people who have cocoon tents, and climb vertical canyons and it takes them about 2 days to reach the top, and have sleeping bags on their backs,and they sleep in their tent in the air on the wall 2000 ft. off the ground.)

    ReplyDelete