Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Weekend-ing in Gilbert/Camp Lomia, AZ

So, very unlike me, I took a semi-last minute trip to AZ last weekend. I flew down Friday morning and back Sunday night. As I flew in, I took a mental note of all the pools in backyards that looked like little blue jewels from the plane and braced myself for the physical melting I was expecting to do. I totally lucked out though as it was only in the 80s or 90s on Friday, practically parka weather! It was totally great because I got to hang out with my awesome cousin Christa and her family. Her husband Scott, and four little ones. They are seriously the cutest kids, I'm not exaggerating AT ALL. Then I joined up with my new friend Rachel and her twin sisters Katie and Amy to go to a singles campout up by Payson. (sp?)  Gorgeous, gorgeous area. And we stopped at walmart in Payson on the way, where a spunky little boy was selling candy bars. I'm a sucker when it comes to kids selling stuff, I really will buy anything they try to sell me. I have like a million coupons that I will never use, but that $20 bucks went to a good cause!! So of course we promised to buy some on our way back out. Well I had to buy some hot cheetos inside because I am also a sucker for those, and when we get back out to buy our candy bars, little boy is like, "can I have a cheeto?!" Heck yes you can, little boy. Ps, I am also a sucker for cowboys (confession sesh right now I guess) which I noted Payson had a lot of. I may plan my next vacay there.

Some beautiful scenery around the camp ground

Nice path for like poems and metaphors and stuff

more nice path

Cute boys Reed and Carson

Bright-eyed baby Kate, too cute!!

Carson, Audrie, Kate and Reed in front of the Gilbert temple which is under construction

Reed wasn't liking the height too much. Gilbert temple spire. There is actually a building holding it up, you just can't see it.
Deciding which Star Wars to watch

My beautiful cousin Christa, baby Kate and I in front of the Gilbert, AZ temple.
The weekend was very fun, I enjoyed the campout and meeting new people and making new friends very much. Shout out to Amy and Katie for being so nice right off the bat and Rachel for showing me the ropes and giving me a piece of the Gilbert temple to remember everything by. And for just being willing to schlep a random stranger around AZ. And especially thanks to Christa for inviting me out and treating me like queen while I was there. I loved every minute I got to spend with you and your family!!

Peace and blessings!

6 comments:

  1. haha Peace and blessings, girl. And no way was i "schlepping"...you are awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! We made it onto Savannah's blog! I was hoping you'd write about the weekend! Beautiful pictures of the camp too. I'm so glad you took the leap of faith and came. And you are a Queen! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are some pretty cool pictures you got there. Good for poems and metaphors and stuff.

    ReplyDelete