Thursday, October 25, 2012

Weekly Wisecrack #10

Goodness, guys. I'm sorry if none of you  think my weekly wisecracks are funny. But most of the time, there are many factors that make them funny that I can't include, such as tone of voice, personality of the person delivering the line, situation, blah blah blah.

But this weeks' wisecrack is brought to you by my dear mum. I know I'm not British, but I just love the sound of mum. Anyway, I'll create the set up for you.

There we were, all sitting around the dinner/breakfast/lunch table. I can't remember how we got on the topic,  but we were talking about Gabe and his dating life. And we started talking about giving hugs. And my mom announced, "You can't hug dates right now."

Gabarelis (my awesome nickname for him) is getting ready to go on a mission asap after he graduates, which caused my mom to establish this new rule, which I'm pretty sure the little huggable guy broke the next day.

Okay, and I just remembered another great one. So as most of you know, I teach piano as my "living". I really like quotation marks. And I teach a lot of little kids, who I absolutely love. One of them is a tiny, 6-year-old spitfire named Lily. As I was teaching her, I asked her if she had had a chance to practice some song or other. She told me that she hadn't because school was just so busy and stressful and "It's busy in your life when you're in first grade." I responded with a very serious, "I understand." while I almost exploded trying not to laugh at this little button. Teaching is way more fun than you guys might ever imagine it to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment