Friday, April 1, 2011

Anastassia

For almost all the three years I've been here, I have been helping my teacher, Dr. Gliadkovsky's daughter Anastassia practice. She has an amazing ear, will figure things out just by listening, and has great technique. Helping her with piano has probably helped me more than it has helped her and she keeps me on my toes:) I have always enjoyed working with her, becoming her friend, and being a part of her life. She is so cute, tells me about her friends at school, and gets me gifts every time they go on vacations or tours, and makes me anklets out of colored yarn. Here is a picture of a Toucan whistle she got me in Costa Rica and a shell necklace she made, also from Costa Rica.
 Tonight, I got to go to her ballet. Not only is she great at piano, but she is a great ballerina. It was A Midsummer Night's Dream, based on Shakespeare's play and music composed by Mendelssohn. THe ballet was by George Balanchine.
Here is a picture of her in a Butterfly Fairy costume.
  Look at those toes! It looks painful, I know I could never do that:)

Anyway, I am almost done with my time here at SUU and am moving back to Reno. Although I feel like it's the right thing for me to do, I am going to miss many things about Cedar, especially working with Anastassia. She has been a great friend and I will keep in touch with her because she is a very smart and talented girl and will accomplish many great things in her life.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Savannah!

    That's very kind of you to say!
    I will miss you very much, too, and I wish Dad would be able to find me a good fill-in, but- I doubt it. You are his best! (and my best, too!)

    Anyway, thanks for your touching words and you have given me a lot, too, so take credit!

    ReplyDelete