Sunday, November 3, 2013

Road trips bring out the best

I have a pretty good roadtrip story. It's really brief, but I find it quite hilarious. Please don't be mad at me, Dwight. A couple hours ago, the shrimp nugget, my mom and I were in the beautiful Wendover, NV and it brought back a favorite memory. It comes back to me every time we stop there on the way to SL, UT. So about forever ago, we were driving to drop Dwight off on his mission to Mada. And we are using the facilities. I go into what I'm pretty sure is the girls bathroom. And I bump into Dwight in there. And we immediately stop and stare at each other and our eyes grow big and they say "crap, one of us is in the wrong place!" And we both take off out the door and guess who was right? That's correct, Dwight used the girls room. And every time I think of that story I crack up.

Don't roadtrips just bring out the best in everyone? I'm talking about myself for a minute. I didn't shower this morning, I put my hair up in a bun, stayed in my pjs and slippers, only applied enough makeup so as not to give small children nightmares for years to come. And sometimes you even go so far as to have to use a bush because the facilities are still 15 min away and you can't ruin the rental car. Also you eat things that shouldn't be fed to vultures. Today's meals.... Ensure, cookies, soda, cookies, other stuff I rather not mention.

But one thing I love about roadtrips. You can kind of make buddies with the people that are on the road with you. You know, you stop at all the same places, take turns passing one another, and you just sort of have this unspoken bond. Roadtrip buddies for life. Rbfl. And you can act like you're the coolest for both traveling somewhere foreign, distant, like Provo.

Then there are the million pictures you take of everyone in the car because you're bored out of your mind. I'm pretty sure I have more pictures of car rides TO cool places then I do of actually being at the cool places. Then your mom points out the mile markers and you can't think of anything else but counting the miles in suuuuuuper slow motion and call them out every time you pass one.

More good stuff though. Sometimes your little sister plays with your hair forever until you fall asleep and then wake up with a jolt because your mom accidentally drove over the vibraty things on the side, you know, the things that keep you from falling asleep. They usually help the driver, but sometimes the passengers need to be awake to keep the driver company, so it's cool I guess.

Just one thing I can say to the guys out there. If you are ever traveling with a female companion, please be really patient and understanding. If the trip is longer than two hours, we are going to need to stop at least 3 times, we are sorry about that. Just plan for an extra hour when you figure out your eta and all will be well with you. But you should feel a little sorry for us because we have to use bathrooms that we are pretty sure have been witnesses to horrific crimes. We pay for our small bladders, trust us.

All in all, roadtrips are great for providing  plenty of comic relief, as long as you focus on the funny side of things. And there are plenty of those:)

Peace and blessings y'all!!

No comments:

Post a Comment