Monday, October 28, 2013

A prayer

I am grateful for this beautiful world
and the fall and the winter coming on
and Christmas time with lights and singing
and my great family and friends

I am grateful for the unexpected
things that wake me up
for the things that tell me You're there
for the animals and the cute little kids

I am thankful that I know You're there
because so many others don't know that
And I am thankful I can talk to You
and tell You about my life

I know this world is so hard for many
that many want to give up
and do things that make them lose You
Please help them find their way to You

Please bless the sad ones
bless the ones missing someone
bless those who don't know
their God is watching over them

Watch over the babies in the world
protect their innocent hearts
take care of the mommas
worrying about their babies

Help the Daddies who take care of families
help them with their jobs
let the children love their mommas and daddies
let the mommas and daddies love each other

Bless everyone to listen to music
and love the colors in the world
bless them to wipe the tears and stand up
and with gratitude help their friends stand up too

Help me help them
and listen to the whispering that tells me
someone is out there needing Your love
Help me be strong for others to lean on


No comments:

Post a Comment