Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Sidney

This post is about my baby sister.

Just as this picture shows, she is full of life!! She can go non-stop all day playing, riding her scooter at break-neck speeds, cuddling with her bird, kicking a soccer ball,... You name it, this girl has done it.

She turns eleven tomorrow.

I remember when my mom and dad first told us kids we were going to have a baby sister. My mom told me to get the pregnancy test as proof. I ran back into her bathroom, and as I looked at the test, I screamed with excitement. I loved my brothers very much, but had always wanted a baby sister. I used to draw pictures of what she would look like, I just knew it would happen one day.

I was eleven when she was born. The most adorable little girl in every way. She smiled all the time, had hair that stuck straight up, and had the roundest little kissable cheeks ever!! She came home weighing 6 lbs 4 oz. She was teeny tiny! Her little newborn outfit was too big for her. I insisted she sleep in my room from the very first night. My mom warned me she would wake me up when she cried, but I was adamant. That first night, I didn't sleep much, not because she cried, but because I was sooo excited to have her in my room. I looked at her every few minutes to make sure she was okay. When she woke up, I took her out of her crib and held her for a while before taking her to my mom. She didn't cry. She just looked at me with her pretty eyes.

My little baby sister is going to be the same age tomorrow as I was when she was born. Time flies.

She is so sweet, blows everyone kisses out the window any time we leave the house. writes the most creative stories, and is so sensitive to how I am feeling. She always knows when something is up and tells everyone to be sensitive. Oh how I love my baby sister. Happy Birthday, Sidney! This blog post can't express half of how amazing you are.


2 comments:

  1. That is really cute!
    Tell her Happy B-day from me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay, I will for sure! You know exactly how I feel because Sophia is 11 years younger than you!

    ReplyDelete