Sunday, August 28, 2011

No school for you!! (said in a soup nazi accent)

Tomorrow, and last Monday, and next Monday, and the Monday after that,.... whenever the rest of the world starts school, I won't. I'm done. All done. Until I go for a master's, Ph. D., possibly a teaching certificate (new idea as of this week) who knows. But for now, I'm not going back!! Sooo, the main question is, how am I going to advance myself in the knowledge of the world this year?? Any ideas, people?? Here are mine.

Read. I love to read, so this isn't much of a problem. The problem comes from not knowing what books TO read. I need to read smart-people books, not too many romances or novels, more like biographies, non-fiction, historical, those types of books.

Learn guitar. I bought one in May and it's a beauty. I've been trying to teach myself, and let me tell you, it's a whole lot easier when you have someone else telling you what to do.

Explore. I want to know more about Reno, places to eat, shop, hike, attend plays, musical performances,....

Make friends. People make me smarter. It's a fact. I learn so much from talking to others. So many times I find myself saying/thinking, "wow, I never thought of it like that!" when I talk to people.

Study the gospel. People think that I don't know a butt load of crap about the gospel, but I DO.  Okay, sorry, shameful Nacho Libre quote, love that movie. But seriously, I want to know everything I can on this subject!! I will be teaching gospel doctrine in church about once a month, so that's a good start.

Open up. Be willing to accept new concepts, ideas, ways of thinking and handling situations, and most of all, open myself to loving and being loved by others. This is a tricky one folks, as I struggle with shyness.

proof that i really did graduate.

In closing, I just want to say, good luck to everyone this school year!!! You will all do great! Make sure when you stress, you eat some ice cream, when you're sad, you watch a comedy (community or seinfeld or something) when you want to scream, you go for a run, and when you're happy, you dance like a crazy person!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment