Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Christmas gift overload

     Since graduating,....*takes a bow*....I have been blessed with feeling like I have time to do stuff I actually WANT to do. Such as sleep in. Go on walks. Watch shows. Clean like a mad woman. But this is all the fluff. The real stuff I've been doing is crafting, awwww yeah!!

I started crocheting again about 3 months ago, and let me tell you, it is soooo much fun! Okay, so if this thought passed through your brain,..."wow, does she know how to have fun or what" sarcastically, the answer is, depends on what you consider fun :) But crocheting IS fun! I mean, you just take this yarn and you weave it into magical shapes until it becomes a sweet, handmade beanie! Or an awesome scarf, any shape, color, or style you want!! Next frontier-baby clothes. But let me get to the point of this whole post.

I decided to crochet a present for everyone on my Christmas list. It's like 12 people long. For a rookie crocheter, that's pretty, um, crazy. Also, I got this other idea, I can't post it on here for fear the receiver of the gift will hear about it, but I'm pretty dang essited for it.

But holy goodness, am I busy with these projects!! When I finish one, I add it to my little stock pile of gifts, and then I stare at it for a few seconds all proud-like. And then it's on to the next! When I am finished with all of them, I will take pictures and post. Also, I am making something for each of my immediate family members, and I plan on taking a picture of all of them wearing their gifts. Don't worry, they all know I'm making them something already. I can't tell if they are excited about it, or just humoring my ever changing hobbies.

But yeah, I am busy, and hopefully will get all this stuff done by Christmas. If I am successful, believe me, you all will hear about it!

 Here is a sweet slouch beanie! Super easy to make if you ever wanna dabble in some crochet yourself !!

Anywho, good luck with all your Christmas gift giving this year, if you've got any cool tricks up your sleeve, I'd love to hear about them!!

Peace and blessings, Y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. OMG SAVANNAH! what a coincidence!!! I have been knitting, sewing, cross stitching, and crocheting for the past 3 years! I had much more time to do so in middle school, though. Now I barely have time to do all my homework! but anyways, I am planning to give a TON of people on my list a small crocheting gift, too! haha ;) yep.... uh... just one problem though. I started the first scarf 1 month ago, and I am only 4 rows into it! I might not finish all of them in time. ;/ Who cares? I'll send them by mail to their owners-to-be on their b-days if I have to!hahahaha ;)

    ReplyDelete