Friday, December 23, 2011

Christmas

Christmas- themed post time!!!

I think my favorite Christmas song to listen to this year was.....okay, there's more than one.
1.      


2.       

Oh my goodness, these songs just get to me sooo much! 

Christmas-y things I've enjoyed this year.

My many, many crochet youtube videos and patterns that helped me make it to my goal of crocheting Christmas gifts for my family. 

Decorating Sidney's and my room. Every shelf, every dresser top, every hook and nail has a Christmas decoration on it of some sort. Sidney and I may be polar opposites personality-wise, but we love our Christmas room!

Dwight putting Christmas lights on the house because I couldn't do it . (more story later)

Getting a beautiful tree that took us only about an hour to find, world record.

Making some new friends that have made the past couple months so wonderful :)

My students' Christmas recital where they all played so well, I cried.

Teaching the Sunday school lesson on Charity. I learned so much more about having true, Christ-like love for others. I learned where I need to apply it in my life, I learned and recognized how much others show it to me, and I learned the whole reason Christ came to earth. To show us how to love, the real kind, not the romanticized Hollywood kind. 


There have been many more wonderful things happening this December, my woefully human brain can't think of all of them right now, but I hope and pray you ALL have a very wonderful Christmas this year. That you feel love, hope, joy, and peace in the little things that make this life amazing. 

Peace and blessings, y'all!!

1 comment:

  1. Beautifully said,Savannah. So true. The songs were very pretty, unlike all the other up-beat Christmas songs we are used to. So looks like you got some snow in Reno, huh? Please post pics of your Christmas tree!
    MERRY CHRISTMAS AND A HAPPY NEW YEAR~

    ReplyDelete