Thursday, May 24, 2012

6 things guys should NEVER say to a girl

Remember when I posted this one a while ago?? Well I've got another jewel to add to the collection, so I decided to update :)

I've seen a lot of these lists, but from life experiences, I've decided to make my own, mainly for fun because I am bored.

1. "You look tired."
What?? You're saying I look haggard and un-refreshed and not pretty???
You poor guys. I think deep down we all know that's not what you really mean. But it still sucks when we know we aren't looking our best. And that tired look? It usually doesn't initially come from being tired. It comes from a sucky day or...mainly that. A sucky day. So don't make it suckier by telling us in so many words that we don't look so great, k?

2. "What did you do to your hair?"
Huh??? This translates into "your hair looks weird and I don't like it." Again, I think we kinda know that's not what you mean, but still... New hairstyles are grounds for extreme self-consciousness, so let's not make it any worse, k?

3. "You have potential."
Huhwhat???? Without going into any detail about the situation this phrase was used in, let me just say this. NEVER tell a girl she has potential when referring to a future with her. In my case (and his) it ended badly. And this quote is forever branded in my little mental quotes hall of fame. If you don't see a bright future with your lady, try to end it before you whip out this gem of a phrase, k?

4. "I didn't really miss you that much."
Yup. I really had a male specimen tell me this once. I'm so glad that now I can look back and laugh at it, but at the time, it was very un-funny. Um, if you feel this way, please don't say it. Ouch!

5. "I will give my wife a couple months after she gives birth to recover, but then I expect her to get back in shape."
True story people, a guy once told this to one of my friends. Good luck finding a wifey, pal!!

6. "You're not harsh, just a little rough around the edges."
Spoken like a true gentleman. The person that said this to me now has 2 wonderful quotes in this post. The circumstances were thus. We were walking into a class at the same time and I made some smart alec remark to him. He responded with something like, "oooo, yikes Savannah." To which I said, "I know, I'm so harsh." And he answered with the above phrase in a most non-joking way. Now, this particular instance would not have bothered me had it not been for the fact that this guy has repeatedly been very offensive and yet repeatedly tried to take me on dates. He can't seem to imagine why I would not want to go on said dates with him. I guess me being honest with him and saying "no" qualifies as "rough", which I am pretty much okay with:) Just to keep things light, I will share one of my favorite cartoons with you guys that pretty much some up my feelings towards certain bros, haha :D




Haha, these are all things that have been said to me or friends of mine. Maybe it's okay to be honest, but man!! Sometimes the truth sucks eggs! And sometimes we can all adjust our priorities a little (Hem hem, number 5)


Peace and blessings!!


1 comment:

  1. wow. I haven't had much experience with guys (actually none) but that would SUCK to have it said in your face- all of those things. I'm sorry you had to go through that, but I'm sure everyone does. haha the hair one. LOL

    ReplyDelete