Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Fads I dislike

Cake pops. Can't tell you how many events and such I've gone to where these suddenly appearing, apparently amazing little buggers have been.

What do I have against cake pops you might ask?? Nothing. Oh wait, yeah. Gluten!!

Crocs. I've never owned a pair. Mainly because I don't want my feet to look like giant elephant feet molded to look like human feet. But I'm also secretly jealous of people every time I see them wearing a pair. Because they look so darn comfortable! But I think Crocs' day in the sun may be coming to an end soon. Because they started compromising the original design and coming out with all kinds of shoes and other products. I may even purchase something croc-ish soon, because check out this website!   Somebody was thinking

White watches. I own one, so this is basically a confessional about me caving into a fad. I love my white watch. But I sort of stop loving it as much when I see it's twin on 30 other girls at church or somewhere. So then I take it off and put it in my purse, only to take it out a little while later and apologize for being so petty. Okay, I don't really take it off. I just try to hang on to a little of my pride and wear that thing like it's the only white watch ever made by man. This is the white watch I bought-->No, I am not above the trend.

Gluten free diets. Why would you do this to yourself if you didn't actually have to?? If I had the choice, I'd still be stuffing my face with gluten, straight gluten 24/7. I'm jealous of the people who have a choice. Just do this for me. If it gets to be something that makes you sad that you can't eat gluten any more because you decided to go on that diet, go ahead. Just eat that cake pop someone brought to the party. This all applies to the people that don't have an allergy or intolerance for it of course. If you do, then don't eat that cake pop and come join my club. I'm considering t-shirt designs as we speak.

This one is kinda hard to explain. But in so many words, the fad to be individual and unique. Because now we are all trying so hard to be unique that there is no band undiscovered, no hairstyle untried, no awesome t-shirt unworn. We are all so unique that we are exactly the same. So stop trying to be unique and you will be the most different person you know, haha.

Just so you know, most of this is pretty much a joke and I've been quietly laughing to myself typing it out :)

Peace and Blessings!!

2 comments:

  1. I totally know what you mean about trying to be so unique that everyone is the same. It's sooo true!! Haha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha YES the last paragraph- perhaps I can steal your words and put them in a quote? Greatly put!!!

    ReplyDelete