Tuesday, January 15, 2013

In my old age, which is now

As some of my close friends and fam know, I enjoy some good, old-timey crocheting. Scarves, hats, gloves, baby booties, blankets... I just loooove to crochet! (I don't know why, but I said that in a Julia Child voice in my head. It might sound funnier if you read it in that voice as well.)

Most of the time I receive some kind compliments on my work. To which I must humbly give most of the credit to the internet. I don't know why we even go to school anymore. But I feel like, and I'm trying to say this as humbly as possible, I've made some DANG CUTE crud!!

And everyone always asks me, "Do you just crochet, or do you knit as well?" And I tell them that I only crochet, because there are about 90 bajillion things I can crochet, and when I get to the bottom of that list, I will probably pick up knitting.

So I scan the internet often looking for new ideas, patterns etc to feed my never-satisfied crochet appetite. Until tonight. I have found something that brings to mind the phrase "all things in moderation" and makes me take a step back. It makes me pray that I never go TOO FAR with my crochet craze. It is really too amazing not to share with the world, and since the world obviously reads my tiny, one in a billion blog, here it is.

The best worst crocheted item ever

You're welcome.

And please stop reading the word "crow-shay" as "crotch-ette."

2 comments:

  1. I have to admit that I do read some of your little blog things and find them very entertaining. I laughed out loud to this ons and my first thought was how much I would have loved to see the old guys face when his wife gave them to him in my mind it was something like this "Oh... Huny, you shouldn't have" with a mildly discussed look on his face and in his mind wondering how on earth he is going to get rid of them. Thank you for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually, I find those crocheted shorts very stylish. Do you perhaps have some blue yarn to make some for me Savannah? J.K.

    ReplyDelete