Thursday, October 17, 2013

The future looks brighter

I read an article today that made me super duper happy. Real Men Like Josh Groban

I have really given sports a fighting chance. To be liked I mean. I have had sporty siblings play all sorts of games, basketball, football, baseball, soccer,... and have gone to tons of their games. I love going to their games because I like to watch my siblings play, not because I'm an avid, jersey wearing, athlete name dropping sports fan. And I wish I was at times!! Because I have the feeling sometimes that I would be so much cooler in guy's eyes if I could refer to any other athletes besides the obvious (Collin Kaepernick, Steve Young, Tom Brady, Coby Bryant, Michael Jordan, Carl Malone, Larry Byrd, What's-his-face, and that completes the list of athletes that my brain can recall!!) Pretty pathetic, right?

But I really did try. There was a span of a few weeks when I tried to follow horse racing. Maybe that doesn't count, but hey! I knew some stuff! And I have tried to want to follow football three times at least. Like I said, always love to support my family in this endeavor, I think it's great. And when I have sons that want to play, I will be there every game! But man those games are so long!! haha, that's all.

Basketball, now that's a different story. I went through a phase where I attended as many UNR basketball games as I could. And I had some friends who loaned me their season tickets on occasion and will I always be grateful for that. Basketball is the game that really can get my blood pumping and even get me to jump in the air and scream and then sit back down all embarrassed for losing my "cool."

Okay, sorry, getting to my point. I love music! But more classically-based music. And the guy that will willingly take me to see Josh Groban in concert is the man for me! And the guy who will take me to see the Phil will be my hero! And the guy that will sit through a chick flick or two without feeling like it will threaten his manhood, that's the guy that gets my vote! I will watch a loud, manly action movie with tons of explosions and lots of metal robots, will attend rock concerts, whatever, but when my guy, whoever he is, will sit through Les Mis with me without bashing on it's every song lyric, I will be one smitten Savannah!!

Let me just say that the men in my life, aka my awesome Dad, brothers Dwight and Gabe are great examples of being willing to watch chick flicks with the girls. I asked Dwight to see Austenland with me a few weeks ago and when he asked what it was, I just said, "It's a comedy." But he was a good sport, watched it, and didn't bash on it at all!! My dad will watch While You Were Sleeping with me, Mom, and Sidney and openly laugh at it! They all draw the line at Pride and Prejudice though, haha, and I don't fault them for that.

Sorry for getting a bit long-winded, but basically I loved that guy's article because it's not about feeling like your internal make-up is threatened, it's about trying new things, keeping an open mind, and even doing things because you know your sig. other will love it. That is all, this is me expressing my opinion.

Peace and blessings!!


No comments:

Post a Comment