Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Fun things I've noticed

I've always been a watcher. When I was little, my dad said I used to just sit off to to the side somewhere sucking my thumb and watching people. Well now, I don't suck my thumb anymore, at least, not that I'm aware of. Maybe at night?...joking. anywho, whenever I'm in a large group, I just enjoy observing what is happening around me. Because of this, I have noticed a few funny characteristics that people have.

The intense nodder. This one is funny because sometimes, you will see two people having a conversation, and one of them will be violently agreeing with what the other one is saying by viciously nodding up and down for a good 7 seconds or so. Sometimes the entire upper half of their body is swaying like a see-saw. I love seeing this one.

The hard clapper. Sometimes at a sports event, someone's clap is distinctly audible above every one else's. It's usually a taller, larger man. They clap with cupped hands VERY firmly, so there is almost an echo to their clap. Very fun to find someone like this at a less than exciting game.

The bird watcher. These are the people that stair into space very often. Basically day dreaming. I really want to know what is going on inside these peoples' heads. Is it something serious and important, or totally random like, "Should I buy a box turtle?"

The intimidator. When I see someone who has an extremely serious expression,
looking around at every one in the room without the least bit of discretion, I feel like I probably will never talk to that person because there is no way I could measure up to that look. It's not their fault, they just don't care what people think. Hence the intimidation.

The quirky laugher. I love this one:) Usually, these people are young girls, possibly wishing to draw some attention to the fact that they are laughing. Sometimes it's a high pitched squeak, other times it's a loud intake of breath or a sound like the revving of an engine.

The trumpeter swans. Usually these are younger boys who haven't quite figured out how to control the volume of their voices yet, so they "trumpet" over everyone else without even trying. Don't get me wrong, I'm not making fun of them at all. They are lovable, friendly boys that are just very easy to hear over a crowd.

The perpetual smiler. I LOVE these people! They are sooo positive to be around. They have an everlasting bright expression on their face, and it's so uplifting to see. They can be talking about serious subjects and still be smiling. And something about it makes you feel like they are always interested in what you are saying, even if you're talking about the fact that you woke up late and missed your shower.

Don't worry, I'm not judging anyone. Just watching. No need to feel self conscious if you fit one of these, there's nothing wrong with any one of these quirky little traits. Just look around next time you're at a pot luck, or football game. You'll smile at the things you notice:)

No comments:

Post a Comment