Monday, September 5, 2011

Be that person

New rule! Because I learned a lesson this week that I will never forget. I learned it a few times this week actually. Sometimes, I have personal doubts about other people, if they are being sincere, if they couldn't care less, if they are only saying nice things because that's what I want to hear... It's not good and I have tried to overcome that and have more trust. The lesson I learned this week? Don't say/think things about people I might later regret. Because someone I may have not had the best opinion of can come and out of the blue, be so darn nice to me I just want to cry because that's exactly what I needed in that moment. It happened at least 3 times this week. Someone I didn't think cared a tiny piece of dirt about my life would say something that made me feel so loved. Someone I didn't think I deserved anything from at all would make me feel like the most special person in the world. Someone I didn't think would notice me came and asked how I was doing when I didn't think my day was going very well. And last night, Saturday night. as I was out walking a little girl, barely three years old, looked at me, then my shoes and said in the most adorable little girl voice, "Hey, I like your shoes!!" She's my kind of woman :)

So, don't be like me and not expect much from people. Sometimes I do that and it's not fair or right. People are good, and they feel what you feel. They notice when you're not smiling because for some reason, it's too hard to that day.

This week, instead of looking for what other people do for me, I'm going to look for what I can do for them. Because I need to give back those good feelings I received this week, someone else deserves to feel as loved and cared about as I do.

Oh, these are some pictures I took while on a hike with my family yesterday. It was a beautiful day, a beautiful hike, and I'm so glad I got to go with my family.

2 comments:

  1. I have done that so many times- judged a person like that and then totally changed my feelings about them one day...

    BTW,those are really pretty pics!!!!! (At first I thought it was Lake Navajo, lol)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a very beautiful hike, I think we passed about 6 different lakes!!

    ReplyDelete