Wednesday, November 14, 2012

It's time.

I think it's time I talk about my little problem again. Not drinking, not drugs, not addiction to chocolate (we will discuss that last one later) but being gluten free.

Do you people realize it's been almost 5 YEARS since I last had an OREO??? As I am thinking about the possibility of living as many as 65 more years without enjoying these little cream-filled delights, I sometimes wonder, is it worth it? Can I really go on living like this?

Because we, meaning my mom and I, have found pretty decent replacements for almost every gluten-full food EXCEPT oreos. The gluten free oreos I tried tasted like survival food. You know, the kind that isn't meant to taste good but IS meant to still be here long after mankind is not. And do you know what brought oreos to mind? A stupid, made-for-tv movie that had at least 3 scenes where they were eating oreos. Shameless product placement. Speaking of product placement, I will share my favorite Wayne's World scene with you guys.  --->      "Little, yellow, different."

Many of you probably do not know that my 10th birthday party cake was a cookies and cream ice cream cake with little eighth notes all over it. Basically my 2 passions in life at the time. Oreos and music.


this is a picture i found called "the ultimate oreo".  i keep thinking about how there are so many
things i never got to do. this is one of those things.
Next time any of you see me and I seem a little grouchy, please excuse me. I'm probably still upset about not eating oreos.

No comments:

Post a Comment