Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Me? Run? 13 miles?!?

Yes, it's actually a thing I am trying, major emphasis on trying, to do. But now it's great because I actually have a cause!!! Foster kids and adoptive kids! So now I'm super motivated, and to top it all off, it's in Greenville, CA. One of the prettiest areas I know of. Doing this half marathon is about as good of an opportunity as I'll ever have.

Alrighty, I'm super bad at explaining things, so let me slow down and rewind a bit. I am running a half marathon in August in Greenville, CA. It is a charity event to help raise money for Mountain Circle Family Services. Check them out here---> http://www.mountaincircle.org/

As part of doing this race, runners are asked, not required, to help raise money and set up a donation page. I have done so, you can check it out here---> https://www.firstgiving.com/fundraiser/ssommers/mountaincircle

This is not some funky deal, I promise. It's totally legitimate. I've donated some myself. My goal is to reach $500. Right now we are at $125. Not bad seeing how I only set it up like last Thursday. But I definitely want to reach my goal and help donate to these foster children and parents!! Kids have a really, REALLY special place in my heart. I often say life would be so much easier if I could just be around kids all the time, which I kind of am being a piano teacher. And these foster kids, they need so much love and help, I can't imagine the stress and fear that being a foster child must cause at times. So please, if you have a few bucks to spare, donate to my page up there. I would love it. this is not to benefit me at all. It's just a really good cause and a great reason to run this half marathon. So thank you for even looking at my page!!

Peace and blessings!!

1 comment:

  1. That's so nice of you to think about them! I'm sure they'll appreciate it very much. 13 miles all in one day???? Make sure you have plenty of water on you!

    ReplyDelete