Friday, September 21, 2012

Weekly Wisecrack #6

This week's wisecrack, brought to you by a 2 year old boy named Peter, who was one of the four little boys I babysat last weekend.

So I stayed over night at their house Friday night and stayed with them all day Saturday. We did cool stuff like legos and make brownies and skateboard and go to yogurt beach. And littler Peter, man that kid is stinkin' cute! He was my little buddy the whole time, we totally bonded. I don't know what won him over. It was either when I picked him up and spun him in the air until we both fell down sick or when I let him "do tricks" on my skateboard. Kids are so easy to please, I love it. Anyway, the mom and dad have another little girl named Lucy who they took with them on their trip. She is only about 8 months old. This piece of info will be relevant, I promise.

It came time for me to leave Saturday night, so I say goodbye to all and am walking out the door when Peter strolls out behind me like a sir saying, "I come with you." Simple statement of fact. Just like a sir. So I'm all, "sorry buddy, I can't take you with me." So his mom takes him inside and I later found out about this other half of the story.

She takes him inside and says, "You can't leave, Peter, I'd miss you too much!"

And he replies with, "Mom, you have Lucy now. I have Savannah."

Seriously, 2 YEARS OLD! I love little kid minds :)

No comments:

Post a Comment