Sunday, September 25, 2011

Bean Dip

Well guys, my best buddy turns 17 tomorrow. I'm talking about my little bro, Gabriel James Sommers. Otherwise more recently known as Bean Dip. It's just one of the many random nick names he has endured from me. I also call him plain Little Buddy and Gabarellis. Or the the little Gipper.

You have to know Gabe to know how awesome this kid is. Seriously, he is going to make some lucky girl an awesome husband someday. He is suuuuper nice. He likes everyone, can make friends at the drop of a hat, and he has the best sense of humor. Our household Gabe stories are legend. Even from the time he was a little guy he was making us crack up.

Story number 1.
It was Gabe's 2nd birthday. We were celebrating it at my grandparents' house. Now, sometimes Grandma Dear had a little gas, and when we told Gabe to go thank Grandma for his presents, he solemnly replied, "Noooo, Grandma poots." (poots=poops)

Story number 2.
Gabe was about 6 when we were driving home from church in Minden. He shoots up in his seat exclaiming, "Oh S***! *pause as we all gasp in surprise* I forgot to thank my teacher!!" (He was nice, even back then)

Story number 3.
Again when he was a little guy, no more than four, he was walking behind my dad, who was wearing his underwear and a t-shirt. Gabe noticed a hole in my dad's pants and informed him, "Dad, your big- boy shorts are broken!" (big-boy shorts=underwear that aren't diapers or pull-ups)

More recent quotes from funny-man Gabe are, "I heard you out of the corner of my ear." And "Hi, I'm Gabe and I don't know how to do the Thriller....'Hi, Gabe'."  His favorite come-back is, "you smell bad." Only he says it super fast so it's more like yousmellbad.

So that is Gabe. Always funny, he almost never makes a serious comment, but when he does, it's super smart and you better listen. As you can see from his expressions that he's always in the jokester mood :) Love ya Gabe!! Happy birthday, Bean Dip!!


No comments:

Post a Comment