Friday, September 9, 2011

The proper place for tires

So I have been in just such a dry spell with this blog stuff. But sometimes the cool people I know who blog re-post posts that were more exciting than some. Remember the tire fiasco of 2011? Probably not, so I am re-posting because it was just so fun. Also, this is in honor of my poor car named T-Mu, who has been in the car hospital this week and the car doc can't figure out why T-Mu is sick :(

Here's ye olde post --->



New story in my ever-so-interesting life. (sarcasm) I ran over a tire. Yeah, a tire. You would think, "Savannah, how did you run over a tire? Aren't you always "running over" tires?" WELL, somebody, a really SMART somebody, misplaced their tire. In the middle of the Pyramid HWY.

Oh, don't worry, Sir/Ma'am, I misplace things there ALL the time. Especially my giant, off-road tires, because I have a bunch of those just lying around.

You might also ask, "Savannah, didn't you see the giant, off-road tire in time to brake or something?" Well, I sure didn't, seeing as how it was night, about midnight to be exact, and the tire is black, and the road is black, and my headlights aren't the brightest, and a lot of other excuses I've got up my sleeve to keep myself from feeling like a total idiot.

To paint an even clearer picture of this dramatic event, the tire is probably AT LEAST 12" thick. My little saturn? A piddly 9 or 10"  inches off the ground if even. So, that doesn't really make sense, how did I make it over that thing? Easy. I skid across it using the momentum I had from NOT SLOWING DOWN AT ALL BECAUSE I DIDN'T HAVE TIME. And not without repercussions. Now my car is in the shop, hip hip. For the second time this summer!

So guys, to illustrate, this is where off-road tires belong...
Here.
NOT here.
Here.
NOT Here.
HERE!!
NOT...... here.
I think I've made my point.

And I've laughed about it quite a bit since :)

4 comments:

  1. It's too bad you didn't have time to drive back and take it home with you as a memento of your first road kill. You could have used it as a cute planter or something. Haha! Sorry about your car though. Car troubles stink.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow, that's amazing! (and that's a first...) ha, ya,I totally think you could've made something out of that tire.
    But what happened to your car? you popped your tire or something? or the bumper got banged up?
    sorry to hear about that.


    P.S. If I was driving under those same circumstances, well, to start off with, I'd be driving like 80 mph, and then I'd definitely bang my car up like crazy! hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.P.S. Because I wouldn't see the tire at THAT speed, of course.
    At least you're ok.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, all that really happened was it scraped the plastic cover off the bottom, so I had to pull over to rip it off all the way so it wouldn't drag the rest of the way home. Anastassia, I sure hope this doesn't happen to you going 80.

    ReplyDelete