Saturday, October 6, 2012

Ummmmm,....Random?


Now, things I liked about this week. Exploring all Wal Mart's many wonders with Kimmy for about 2 hours and NOT buying ONE THING. Yeah, I had that much self control, I'm bragging about it.

Tuesday night, President Perry's lesson on keeping everything in proper balance. Social Life, Spirituality, Physical Fitness, and Knowledge are the four areas we always need to keep in proper balance to have optimal happiness. I really needed to hear this. My life flops from one area to the next, I feel I'm always out of balance, and I needed it put in these terms to wrap my brain around it all.

Many other great things happened as well, but to keep this short, Friday night I actually had a one on one guitar lesson for the first time with Ryan Stucki and I finally feel like with his help, I will get this whole guitar thing! Also, Justin Stucki and I baked a cake that.....is special :) that's all I will say about cake.

Oh yeah! And last week was Gabe's b-day, and his buddy Brennan came over early before Gabe was up and ran and jumped on him. And Gabe and I had a grape eating contest to see how many grapes we could shove in our mouth. It was a spontaneous and isolated event, we just had mouths and a bowl of grapes and therefore....

Gabe's b-day, his first bunny kill, him with 30 grapes in his mouth, him and Brennan, Justin with our special cake, Annie:)

Today was the first day of GC. (general conference, call it GC if you wanna feel SUPER cool.) you know, I loved many of the talks, but my recollection of who said what is so fuzzy, I will have to do some major review. But what did I like about most?? My whole family was in the same room. That rarely happens these days. We even all ate a meal together. Thank you conference for bringing us together on a Saturday. You know, I am tearing up a little as I write this. Sometimes Heavenly Father lets you go through things that bring you down a notch or two. Make you feel you really aren't as awesome as you thought, make you really stop to think about life. These things help me remember most what I need, what I'm blessed with, and how much love I really have in my life.

Peace and Blessings :D


2 comments:

  1. This is gonna be a "UM...random?" comment, but did Gabe REALLY have 30 grapes in his mouth? That is INTENSE!! :O

    ReplyDelete