Tuesday, August 21, 2012

I'm not a big girl

I shouldn't be this deathly afraid of needles, right? I mean, c'mon now, I've had about a million go into me at multiple points in my life. But it is 1:15 a.m. and I can't sleep because of my fear.

I can just picture myself walking in tomorrow to get the bone scan injection. I'll be acting all cool and collected, but inside I will be yelling, "What the aich ee double hockey sticks am I doing here?! This is going to hurt and I'm getting outta here!!!!"

Big girls don't have fears of needles do they? I don't want to be a big girl. I want my mommy to go with me and hold my hand and I want the nurse to say it will just be a little pinch, then give me a sucker and a sticker afterward and tell me I did such a good job.

worst pic I've ever put on my blog. Terrible stupid evil thing.
My mind is making a bigger deal out of it than it actually is. But man, there are few things I dread this much. Tuesday, August 21st has been a dark day in my mind for the past 2 1/2 weeks.

Oddly enough, blogging about it has made me feel a tiny little speck better. Thank you, Blogger. And here goes nothin'!

1 comment:

  1. Ohhhhh I HATE needles and the doctor's in general. I never go anymore. Unless it's like REALLY serious, I don't even get vaccinations anymore.
    Uh, what's a bone scan injection?

    ReplyDelete