Thursday, August 16, 2012

Reunited

The Moth House Gang got back together for about 2 and 1/2 glorious days in good ole Midvale, UT. I was finally able to make it out there after about 8 months or so of promising a visit, largely due to my awesome friend Kimmy, who needed to drive out there for a wedding and was looking for a road trip buddy. As soon as she mentioned it back in May or June, I jumped at the chance to hitch a ride and see my former roommates Hailey, Jessica S. and Jessica D..

It was just like in the old days of Cedar City when we would all hang out, go out to eat, watch friends and chick flicks and giggle and talk about boy problems and just gab. It's good to be a girl with girlfriends :) I did miss Dani, Ashlee, and Ashten. But there will definitely be other visits as well as phone chats. No way I'm losing touch with these gals!!

Sunday night was a squealing reunion with Jess D. and Hailey, when I was shown my "rodent" food. Story behind that is that back in the day, my roommates were convinced I had Raynaud's, Celiac, and asthma, and that therefor, I was diseased, much like a rodent. So that was one of my awesome nicknames. Monday I got to go to Jordan High School where Jess D. works in the ceramics studio. She let me try to throw a pot on the wheel. I thought it looked pretty hard and it WAS. Want to see my pathetic excuse of a pot? Yeah, not gonna show you. But I loved trying it and Jess was very patient with me, letting me try 4 TIMES before I finally settled with the squatty little shape I had made. I splattered clay in my face too, which actually made me feel cooler because...I don't know why actually. Then Monday night, the four original Moth House Golden Girls got to hang out at a YSA bbq and 7-11. Don't worry guys, I gorged myself real good on candy and junk food the whole trip. I also got to visit Dayne's, which is the Salt Lake area's Steinway dealer. I love that place, it's pretty much a piano paradise.

Tuesday was a trip to the new City Creek mall in downtown SLC. Very beautiful mall, only about 2 stores I can afford to shop in, but still a fun visit. Also visited and ate at the Cheesecake factory. Of course, being gf, I ordered a sundae, but I did get to scrape some cake off the top of Jessica's piece and it was heavenly. Tuesday night was out to eat with the gals, and Erika also joined. She is a former roommate of my former roommates, so I've known her for a while as well.

Man, it was just a great trip!!! Love seeing these girls whenever I can, they made college life livable, they were a super huge blessing for me especially moving away from home and not knowing anybody.
okay, my "rodent" food, me trying to throw a pot, the gals, Jessica and her awesome skills, and yes, I did show you my pathetic excuse of a pot. Also, part of city creek mall and SL temple.
I am so grateful that I had Kimmy as my car buddy too. Seriously, the drive went by fast, I wasn't embarrassed at all when I almost pee'd my pants and told her to pull over the first chance she got, and we totally understood each other when it was time to buy chocolate or taco bell or a mcflurry...

Awesome few days, you guys!!

Peace and blessings!


1 comment:

  1. oh my goodness i am so beyond jealous!! missing ashten's wedding then this- hope you guys had a blast!!!

    ReplyDelete